Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gifts for Friends Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

I made two of these: one for a good friend, and one for my cousin.  Both were recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
The first one got given away before I got a photo, so here's the second little book bag.

I saw the button idea somewhere--but I can't remember where!  I purchased a bag of pink buttons and the small bag at Jo-Ann's.  And then just hand-stitched the buttons onto the pocket.


Then I put in a small bound notebook.  I was given a similar book when I had breast cancer, and I used it to write down questions for my doctors, notes to myself, thoughts, phone numbers, etc, etc.  It was quite useful!
Isn't the French proverb on the front just perfect?

Inside, I wrote Bible verses throughout:

James 1: 2-4
Count it all joy,when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

2 Corinthians 7:6
God comforts the downcast

1 Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
1 John 3:1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

Romans 8:45
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Psalm 31:1
In you, LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame;
deliver me in your righteousness.


Philippians 4:13
 I can do all things through him who gives me strength.


The book bag has room to hold the notebook plus another book, cell phone,
a snack or whatever!


I pray that these simple gifts help my friends and family as they go through
this long process of curing breast cancer!


No comments:

New (To Me) Tuesday

A beautiful blog: Oh, the Lovely Things . Beautiful photography, beautiful art, beautiful simplicity, beautiful projects.... Like this o...