Monday, July 11, 2011

The Laundry Room...I've Really Been Working on It!

Here's a project I finished!


All by myself! 

Dearest Husband showed me how to use several woodworking tools--a sander, a circular saw, and that doo-hickey that makes holes.  (See how technical I am!)

I sorta followed directions from Censational Girl here

using a piece of scrap wood for the back (I liked it because it looked a bit like bead board) and more scrap bits for the frame for the dowels (which came from WalMart).

Plus lots of sanding and coats of paint to get the dowels REALLY smooth so as not to snag the unmentionables.

It folds up nicely against the wall when not in use, using this type of window sash catch:

 Except I chose a "nickel" color from Lowe's.
I also bought the chain from Lowe's--the nice people there will cut it for you!


I'm featured at:

2 comments:

Megan @ PolishTheStars.com said...

Just wanted to let you know that I featured your awesome drying rack! Thanks for linking up! :)

http://www.polishthestars.com/2011/07/link-party-monday-25.html

Inspire Me Heather said...

Nice job on your drying rack, it looks great! I've got this linked to my drying rack project post as well today, well done!