Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Make a Valentine Flower Pin!

Here's how to make a Valentine pin!

First, get plenty of help:


Gather your materials.  I used:
1. Valentine kerchiefs from Hobby Lobby that I had in the ol' stash
2. Cutting mat, rotary cutter and scissors
3. Needle and thread, thimble
4.  Jewelry Findings: Bar Pin (I bought a few gillion--well, maybe slightly
less than that--for $2 at WalMart)
5.  A bunch of red, pink, and purple buttons from my button box


I cut the kerchiefs, using the bound edges, into 1 1/2 inch strips, then
stitched along the unbound edge with a long basting stitch.
You could do this with or without a sewing machine!

Then, gather the unbound edge.  I also tied off the threads in order to keep the flower
tightlyl gathered while I finished the pin.

Arrange your flower nicely, then take some hand stitches from the back to hold
the flower tightly together.

Add some buttons to the center of the flower.

Stitch the bar pin to the back,
A couple of pins I made of pinked 1 1/2 inch strips of fabric,
but I really didn't like them as much.
So, here's a whole garden of Valentine pins!


 Cherry World 1Photobucket
The DIY Show Off

2 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh, they are so clever and pretty! I am so not crafty, but think with your instructions that I could even make them.

Jane said...

Thank you! They're very simple--you can do this!

New (To Me) Tuesday

A beautiful blog: Oh, the Lovely Things . Beautiful photography, beautiful art, beautiful simplicity, beautiful projects.... Like this o...