Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sewing Again!

I've started working on some items that I could really use.

One of those is a warm jacket.  We've had a few freezing nights, but here in Texas, winter is really yet to come.

I've had this pattern for several years.  Now, it's  OOP. 


Then son #1 gave me some lovely red wool (it's a long story why he had this...and I think I had helped pay for this, so it wasn't completely free....) and the jacket was a GO!

I bought (on sale) some bright shimmery purple rayon to line it.  They look wonderful together!

So far, it hasn't been too hard, though I've never done anything like this before.  I've had to consult my sewing books as the directions are pretty sparse and the illustrations are none too clear....but so far, so good! 

Pictures soon.....


No comments:

New (To Me) Tuesday

A beautiful blog: Oh, the Lovely Things . Beautiful photography, beautiful art, beautiful simplicity, beautiful projects.... Like this o...