Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lacy Lamp for Sewing Room

A llloooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time ago (in a land far, far away.  Actually in Hico, Texas I believe!) Dearest Husband and I saw some lovely, lovely lamps--(sorry, I've lost the photos).

But for way too much money!

So, I decided that I could make my own version.  Of course.

I started with a hanging plant basket from the dollar store (for $1.00 naturally!) and removed the chains:
Added 1 basic hanging lamp part from IKEA for $3.99:

Then, I drew out one little section on some paper:

 And added seam allowances:
I fished out a scrap of lovely linen from the stash,
cut out nine little pie-shaped sections,
and sewed them together:

VOILA!
              To Be Continued......

No comments:

New (To Me) Tuesday

A beautiful blog: Oh, the Lovely Things . Beautiful photography, beautiful art, beautiful simplicity, beautiful projects.... Like this o...