Saturday, December 26, 2009

Okay, I'm Sewing!! First, A Christmas Gift

First, a Christmas gift that I made for someone who loves to drink tea.
A tea cozy!
I cut out a pattern first:
It's approximately 12 X 12 inches--I wanted the tea cozy large enough for most teapots. If you had a specific teapot in mind, you could measure your teapot, making sure that you left enough "ease" to pull the cozy on and off, and for seams.

I used an already quilted fabric I got on sale at Jo-Anns. It took about 3/8 yard.
This is the inner print. The seam inside is bound with plain ol' bias tape.
As is the bottom. Theoretically, it's reversible.
Here's the little tea-time bit I found in an antique store in Waxahachie. Isn't it great? I used my fancy machine's buttonhole stitch to sew the embroidered piece on.
I hope she like it! And doesn't see it here first!

No comments:

New (To Me) Tuesday

A beautiful blog: Oh, the Lovely Things . Beautiful photography, beautiful art, beautiful simplicity, beautiful projects.... Like this o...