I changed it up a bit:
I put a self-fabric binding around the neck.
A regular purchased binding just didn't seem appealing--scratchy and rough. This is so much softer. I sewed it down around the neckline again to make everything lie down nicely.
Used my buttonhole stitch around the sleeves and at the placket. The sleeves are 3/4 length and without any elastic.
The buttons were in my stash. I had some great little flower buttons--but only two! These look bright and cheerful, though.
I added about 10 inches (even for shorty me!) to make a long gown. Otherwise the nightgown would be quite short. I like something around my legs when it's cold!
So cozy and warm--especially since it's supposed to snow again tomorrow!